Smoky-eggplant curry by @yummyyatra 🔥 If you love eggplant, smoky flavours & curries, you'll love this recipe!
Ingredients * 1 large eggplant or 2 medium eggplants
* 1 1/4 teaspoons cumin seeds
* 1 large red onion, finely chopped
* 4 cloves of garlic
* 1 Thai chili or any variety that you like, depending on your spice preference * 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
* 1 tsp ground coriander * 1 tsp ground cayenne * 1/2 teaspoon garam masala * salt, to taste * 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the eggplants, dry them and prick them all over with a fork & make a few slits using a knife. Insert the garlic cloves in between
* Place them on a lined baking sheet & roast in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the skin is all wrinkled. * Remove the eggplant from the oven & let them cool. Once cool, peel off the skin & discard them. * Mash the eggplant flesh & garlic and set aside * In a large non-stick skillet, add cumin seeds & toast them for 2 minutes on medium heat.
* Add the chopped onions, salt to taste & sprinkle some water & sauté them stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent. Add the chili pepper & cook for 30 seconds, stirring often. * Stir in the tomatoes, turmeric, ground coriander, garam masala & cook until tomatoes start to soften, 4-5 minutes. If it appears too dry, add a tablespoon of water. * Add the chopped/mashed eggplant (including the eggplant juices) to the skillet, stir to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste. Stir in the cilantro & cook the eggplant mixture for 20-25 minutes on medium-low, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice, flat bread, pita chips!
Hungry for new plant-based recipes to try at home? Hit the link in our bio to sign up to our weekly newsletter, and we'll send 7 of our top recipes to your inbox each Monday! .
#plantbased #veganrecipes #veganfood #veganrecipe #plantbasedfood #veganbowls #veganfoodshare #healthy #vegansofig #whatveganseat